APK is similar to other software packages such as apps in Microsoft Windows, this format used by the Android operating system.
By default, Android device allow to install apps only from Google Play. To install software from other sources, you have to enable installation from third-party sources.
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen
- Navigate: Settings Settings icon > Apps
- Tap Menu icon (upper-right)
- Tap Special access
- Tap Install unknown apps
- Select the unknown app then tap the Allow from this source switch to turn on Switch on or off Switch off
- From a Home screen, navigate to Settings
- Tap Lock screen and security
- Note If unavailable, tap Security
- Tap the Unknown sources switch to turn on or off
- Note If unavailable, Unknown sources to turn on or off. Enabled when check mark is present
- To continue, review prompt then tap OK.
APKS file is Android App Bundle
. Installation APKs file is also more complicated than Installation APK. You need to use a 3rd party application like SAI (Split APKs Installer)
, which is the simple APKs file installation and export tool.
To install APKs, you need a tool called Split APKs Installer (SAI). You can refer here. It is simple to use it
- Wait for the installation process to complete
OBB file(s) is APK Expansion Files
used by some Android apps, because APK can save only 100 MB of data, the excess information is stored in the OBB files.
Example: if you downloaded mediaplayer Kodi, create folder org.xbmc.kodi
(this is package name)
and extract obb file to this folder